Michael Bloomberg 2020 presidential campaign
The Michael Bloomberg 2020 presidential campaign was a presidential campaign of former Mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg for the 2020 presidential election. It was suspended in 4 March 2020. It was filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission for the office of President of the United States as a member of the Democratic Party on November 21, 2019. His principal campaign committee was called "Mike Bloomberg 2020, Inc." The campaign officially launched on November 24, 2019.
|Michael Bloomberg 2020 presidential campaign|
|Campaign||2020 United States presidential election (Democratic primaries)|
November 24, 2019
March 4, 2020
Fighting For Our Future
Mike Will Get It Done
|Chant||I Like Mike|
On March 5, 2019, Bloomberg announced that he would not run for president in 2020. As late as October 14, 2019, a day before the Democratic Party's fourth presidential debate, it was reported that Bloomberg was “still looking at” a bid due to the fall of Joe Biden's polling numbers.
On November 7, 2019, Bloomberg announced that he was taking steps to enter the 2020 United States presidential election, and on November 8 he officially filed for the Alabama Democratic presidential primary.
Bloomberg said that he would skip the early primary states in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina and focus on primaries on and after Super Tuesday. Bloomberg's total spending in the primary passed $500 million, making it the most money spent on a presidential primary campaign in American history.
On Super Tuesday, Bloomberg won the American Samoa caucus which brought his first and only victory in his campaign. He ended his campaign the next day on March 4, 2020 and announced his support of Joe Biden.
- "Michael Bloomberg launches Democratic presidential bid". AP NEWS. November 24, 2019.
- "Campaign 2020: Bloomberg Files Campaign Paperwork, No Word Yet On Run For White House". Associated Press. November 21, 2019. Retrieved November 21, 2019.
- Burns, Alexander (2019-11-24). "Michael Bloomberg Joins 2020 Democratic Field for President". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
- Steve Peoples; Julie Pace (March 5, 2019). "Ex-NYC Mayor Bloomberg won't run for president in 2020". Associated Press. Retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Schwartz, Brian (October 14, 2019). "Mike Bloomberg keeps talking to allies about running for president as Joe Biden struggles against Elizabeth Warren". CNBC. Retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Mike Calia; Brian Schwartz (November 7, 2019). "Mike Bloomberg is preparing to enter the Democratic presidential primary". CNBC. Retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Axelrod, Tal (November 15, 2019). "Bloomberg does not file to run in New Hampshire primary". The Hill. Retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Allsion, Bill; Niquette, Mark (February 24, 2020). "Bloomberg Tops Half a Billion Dollars in Campaign Advertising". Bloomberg. Retrieved February 24, 2020.
- "Mike Bloomberg Suspends His Presidential Campaign, Endorses Joe Biden". NPR. March 4, 2020.